Business range

How can we help you?


How does the third-party payer scheme for travel passes work?

  • As an employer, you can pay a contribution to or completely cover the cost of your employees’ bus and tram travel passes. You can apply for, renew or cancel travel passes via the online Business portaal.
  • If one or more travel passes are about to expire, we will notify you.
  • Your employees don’t have to advance the cost themselves, have a less stressful travel experience and can travel any time and anywhere in Flanders with De Lijn buses and trams, both during the week and at the weekend.
  • There are no additional costs and no minimum purchase obligation.
  • You will receive a single invoice afterwards. You can recover the VAT (6%).
  • As an employer, you choose how much you contribute – between 72% and 100% – and for which employees.
  • Your employee will pay nothing (if you contribute 100%) or – if you contribute less than 100% – the remaining percentage.
  • As an employer, you choose the travel passes’ start date and period of validity (1, 3 or 12 months).
  • As an employer, you choose whether you also contribute to the administrative fee for producing and posting the MOBIB card, unless your employee already has a valid card. This MOBIB card is valid for 5 years and various tickets and passes can be stored on it. If your employee pays this administrative fee, we will send him or her a bank transfer form. After payment has been made, we will create the MOBIB card with the travel pass on it.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Business Portaal -->